Sustainable management means for us networking economy, ecology, based on social engagement. Being a cooperative we are committed per se to economic sustainability. Not the short-term profit maximisation is paramount at ZENTRAG, but the inter-generational responsibility for the common goal.
Environmental sustainability is a structural cornerstone of cooperatives and butcher trades. Local and regional products have always been a core competence of our offer. Additionally organic products as for example the Gilde Organic-Poultry round off our range.
SMEs for energy efficiency
ZENTRAG sets a good example with the project „medium-sized enterprises for energy efficiency“. In their central storage facilities near Frankfurt they initiated actions which reduce dramatically energy and costs in refrigeration technology and lighting. The amazing thing about it: Manageable investment costs and a short payback period. The model is to act as a precedent, so our member cooperatives could benefit from this savings potential.
The following film is only available in German.
Climate Pro for SMEs
The pilot project „Climate Pro for SMEs“ is a project initiated by the Mittelstandsverbund association in 2016. In cooperation with ZENTRAG, the Mittelstandsverbund offers free climate protection counselling in order to help butchers with their energy optimisation efforts in their respective shops.
„Energy cost savings are not only a contribution to environmental protection within our sustainability strategy, but also an essential factor in any cost effective company management.“
Anton Wahl, Chairman ZENTRAG eG
ANOTHER FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPAL OF THE COOPERATIVE SYSTEM
Among others we commit to the following points:
- We maintain respectful, honest relations with each other.
- We are aware of our exemplary function and prefer a cooperative management style.
- We are open to constructive criticism.
- We are thinking and acting outside the box.
- We trust in our staff members, promote their development, their motivation and their team spirit.
- We provide for continuous training for our staff and members and offer preventive healthcare schemes.
- The future of the butcher trade is important to us. That is why we foster actively young talents.